Life as an RPG Video Game

Sunday, September 18, 2011

If I would think of my life as a RPG computer game, the straightforward way to win is to follow the steps I usually do in order to come out successful at the end of any RPG game.

(1)   Check the possible max potential (in terms of skills, weapons, level I can attain) within the game, and find out how to obtain them as soon as possible.
(2)   Only retreat from battles if it is currently impossible to win.
(3)   If I lose any battle in a row, I stop, look, and listen to what gamefaqs has to say.

I always get the coolest weapons, max my levels, and completely overpower the last boss in every RPG game I play. So how do I apply my RPG strategy to my real life? Converting the ones above, I’d say:

(1)   Check what max potential I could most likely attain; know what I’d want my future to be, and find out how to obtain them. I shouldn’t expect to obtain them as soon as possible, but I should act upon them as soon as possible.
(2)   It would be nice if I could try out anything, and retreat anytime if I thought I am losing. However, this is probably not applicable in real life. Backing out in the middle of any engagement or commitment would ruin my reputation, and there is no ‘continue?’ option for ‘game over’s in real life either.
(3)   In life, it’s probably wiser to read gamefaqs prior to playing the game, rather than checking gamefaqs out only after I am stuck in the game.

After some contemplation, my revised strategy guide for life is:

(1)   Know what I want for my future, prioritize those that I have higher chance of attaining, but habitually spend some time to improve myself in the other fields I am interested in.
(2)   Know the ‘rules of the game’ in any field or ‘battle’ I might engage in before ‘challenging’ anything.
(3)   Actually there is the ‘continue?’ option after every ‘game over’, but there is no ‘save/load file’ in real life. It is better to continue rather than giving up, that is, only if I know I would succeed the next time around.

Okay, whatever goes. Starting today, I’ll put my real-life strategy guide to test and see how I do.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

Claude Faustus

Claude Faustus

Panzermagier

Panzermagier
 

© 2010 Somnambulistic Spree