戦国Basara. I ♥ 片倉小十郎

Sunday, October 17, 2010
Since college first year, I've been seeing the artwork by Makoto Tsuchibayashi of Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura and have wondered for years what Capcom game that is. Sengoku Basara becaume famous later on, and I found out more about Sengoku Basara by browsing through CreativeUncut's gallery of video game scans.

Another year or so, Sengoku Basara 3 is already out for PS3 and Wii. I saw Revoltech's release of Ishida Mitsunari figure and because I don't know much about ather Basara characters, he soon became my fav; this is based purely on looks and style; he's badass and swift, but he's also quite short-tempered and says "IEEEYASSSUUUU" and "許さない(unforgivable)!" all the time..

Ishida beating up Ieyasu army troops
Last week, I finally got to play a Sengoku Basara game! My very first Sengoku Basara Game was Sengoku Basara X. It is a fighting game, and I suck at fighting games so I moved on to Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes. SB2Heroes is in vein with the standard SB games as they are all a "beat-em-up" sort of game where the player goes around button mashing their way out of the opponent's army troops; but the cool thing is that there are lots of character customization: weapons, accessories, alt outfit, skills. I started playing with Hanbei, Mitsuhide, etc.., until I tried using Kojuro.

he'll ask "地獄が見てか?" (do you want to see hell?) when he starts to get pissed
I generally prefer the baddies over the good guys; however, Katakura Kojuro (片倉小十郎) is soo badass he'd be what locals in the Philippines would term as "siga". Well he should be, I've read that his mannerisms and his slaughter mode moves are inspired by the typified yakuza.




Although he appears and acts like a gangster boss, it's funny that he likes planting vegetables in the field during free time (in fact, his joke lvl 7 weapon is a leek, as in the one like the pokemon Farfetch'd carries). Moreover, being Date Masamune's retainer and strategist, he's extremely loyal to Date that Kojuro's nicknamed as "the right-eye of the dragon" (Date only has a left eye). It's ironic though because in the game, Kojuro is left-handed, the only one in the game at that.

Next to Kojuro, I like to use Kenshin, Mitsuhide, Fuuma, Kasuga, and Hanbei. I like how graceful Kenshin is when he fights, it's like he's dancing; his voice is really pleasant too (oh, and he has a super useful skill where he can swiftly move around while multiple-slashing enemies). Fuuma and Kasuga, two of the only three ninjas in the game are good too; Fuuma's alternate outfit has black wings :). Mitsuhide's can be pretty creepy but I really really really like his voice :D, and the way he says "痛い" or "itai (ouch)" whenever he gets hit is pretty funny, I couldn't tell if he's mocking or truly hurt or enjoying being a sadomasochist that he is. Hanbei is fine too, his combat range is good and he's kind of evil as well :), too bad he has weird violet lipstick..

Now I'm begining to want the One Coin Sengoku Basara figures..! Seeing my fav Basara characters everyday would probably bring a smile to my days :).

this is the only set with original outfit Kojuro. Mitsuhide's in the set too yay!
Oh, maybe next time I'll blog about my favorite historical Sengoku era characters when I've made up my mind. One of them is probably Kenshin, I like great tacticians and strategists, and he's written himself a beautiful death poem in anticipation of his death.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

Claude Faustus

Claude Faustus

Panzermagier

Panzermagier
 

© 2010 Somnambulistic Spree