My Top 10 Fav Anime Ending Themes

Saturday, October 30, 2010
10. Mr Deja Vu by Naja (Get Backers 3rd Ed)


It's a good song, I especially like the verse at the beginning. I find the song to be sad yet hopeful at the same time. It's the kind of song I like to listen to during rainy days.

9. Over Night by Aya (Le Chevalier d'Eon)


I love the mood of this song. The melody is haunting and peaceful at the same time; love the line "wandering the everlasting way", and the way Aya sings "forever..." so melancholic :)

8. Taiyou no Hana by Okui Masami (Cyber Team in Akihabara)


I have never seen the anime, I only like the ending song; I think the chorus is intense.

7. Real Folk Blues by The Seatbelts ft. Mai Yamane (Cowboy Bebop)


Cowboy Bebop is the only anime with opening and ending theme both in my top 10 lists. Honestly, every single track being played in the anime is worthy of praise and attention. This is another ending theme with captivating intro and opening lines. The vocalist has powerful voice too. I like that the song evokes the mixed moods of sadness, regret, and anger; very much Spike-Vicious-Julia triangle.

6. Kyou Kara Asuhe by Yumi Matsuzawa (Gatekeepers)


A long time fav! I really like the opening lines of the theme, and the way Yumi Matsuzawa emotionally sings during the pre-chorus part. This ending theme is the best thing about Gatekeepers; not because Gatekeepers is that bad, but simply because this ending theme is so good.

5. Love Is by Miliyah Kato (Toward the Terra)


One of the few ending themes where the beginning tunes can really hold my attention and urge me to listen to the whole song right after an episode. I strongly associate this song with Shiroe and Peter Pan; it's like the song was made especially for him because of the sad and mellow tune. The episode where the ending theme plays with flashback of Shiroe moments is quite sad; I think the ending theme with Shiroe clips is my fav moment of the series.

4. Kemuri by Maki Chang (Himitsu: Revelations)


The singer has good voice, great opening lines as well. There's a big contrast in the mood between the chorus and pre-chorus. I like how the song gradually moves from being timid and sad to desperate and yearning. It's another ending theme in the list with intense chorus; I always find that I have to increase the volume at the beginning of the song and lower the volume during chorus :).

3. Tsukiakari by Rie Fu (Darker Than Black)


The best part of this song is the bridge which contains the line "Kono tsukiakari no shita de watashi no namae wo yonde" without music. I have to admit that the first time I heard this song it didn't do much for me until sometime later that I've heard the bridge, and it's the part during the final minutes of the tv-size version.

2. Namida Wa Shitteru by Suzukaze Mayo (Ruouni Kenshin 2nd Ed)


Although my fav part of the song is the beginning verses, this song is perfect from start to end. Great verse, good chorus, nice vocals. It's always been my fav among all the Rurouni Kenshin songs; it doesn't hurt that the video has the most beautiful artwork in the anime series as well. I love Kaoru and Kenshin's facial expressions and the watercolor in the video. This song has been by far my fav ending theme for many years until I've just recently discovered a better ending theme..

1. Haru No Katami by Chitose Hajime (Ayakashi)


The moment I first heard the drum intro when the first episode is about to end, I was already anticipating the ending theme to be quite good. The moment the opening lines were sang, I've already decided that the song is sure to be one of my favorites. The final moment of the song where the lines 貴方の胸に この身を任せ, 私は死んで行こう (against your chest i'll rest my body, that is how i wish to die) were sang, I realized that this has got to be the best anime song I've heard so far (even better than Taiyou Wa Yoru Mo Kagayaku, but only slightly better; it's hard to compare the two anyway because their genre are different). The way Chitose Hajime sings is so tranquil and soothing; moreover, I like the main theme of the song being about holding on to the memories of the past. The English translation of the title means "Keepsake of Spring". I just love the lines 儚い春のかたみには いちばん綺麗なわたしを(this fleeting keepsake of spring is the most beautiful thing I have). Oh, and coincidentally, both my #1 Op and Ed songs (in their full-size ver.) have the words 幻 (illusion) and 踊る (dance)! Great, after all, I love the combination and image of illusion and dance together.


Honorable Mentions:
*Fushigi Yugi Ed
*Saiyuki "Alone" Ed
*.Hack//SIGN Ed
*Nana "Little Pain" Ed
*Flame of Recca 2nd Ed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

Claude Faustus

Claude Faustus

Panzermagier

Panzermagier
 

© 2010 Somnambulistic Spree